Friday, February 10, 2012

What a sucker

Addilyn is 2 days shy of being 4 months old, which is amazing, and she sucks her thumb! For now, I think it's the cutest thing in the world. She doesn't necessarily do it for self soothing yet, just whenever she's chillin' it seems to pop into her mouth. I'm not going to try to intervene, because I think it'll be great for her to have a soother, although I might be really frustrated in a couple years when we're trying to break her of the habit. After the "sippy cup incident" with Amelia (she still won't drink milk) I'm trying to just let things be as they are, even if they annoy me, or I want them to be different. Also, I'm not worried about Addilyn messing up her teeth because I know people that sucked their thumb and have great teeth, and I know people who didn't suck their thumb and have bad teeth. Either way, if her teeth get messed up, we'll fix them. :) Anyway~ here's a picture of the thumb sucking in action:


Cute, cute, cute.

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Adorable!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Dang it! I remember the other thing I forgot to bring home from your house: ADDILYN. She would have fit right into that giant duffel bag of mine, too.

Laura said...

Thumb sucking or not she is pretty cute!!