Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! We "celebrated" last night, because in typical Tuesday style, Jonathan had to work today from 11am-9pm. We're going to drag it out a little bit, because who doesn't love to drag out holidays? Last night we exchanged [unexpected] gifts, today we won't do anything, but since tomorrow is his day off we'll go out to a nice dinner and then go get ice cream with the Valentine Dairy Queen gift card we got from my parents. Yay! Here are our gifts from tonight:

Cupcakes I made for him (Thanks pinterest!)

Beautiful necklace he bought me. Yes, Kirsta, I got choked up when I read the bottom

Addilyn's new stuffed dog


Jonathan also bought Amelia a coloring book with colored pencils and a sticker pad with Valentine stickers, but I didn't get a picture of them coloring together.

I hope you all have a great day, even if you think Valentine's is a totally bogus holiday.

Also, Happy birthday to my amazing brother, Karl! We love you and can't wait to see you in March!

2 comments:

Elsha said...

Now why do you have to post stuff like this? Because now Brian is jealous that I didn't bake him a bunch of cupcakes.

Laura said...

Aaah! It's all so cute! The cupcakes are so sweet (in many ways) and so is everything Jonathan did! (And now I'm craving Dairy Queen.)

I will add (with the hope that Elsha will somehow end up reading this) that I made cupcakes last night too! But they were for me...ha! Jason's getting his favorite dinner tonight. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes (How about that for a manly meal?) and key lime pie.