Friday, February 17, 2012

Big girl bed

I had always said that I wanted to keep Amelia in her crib until she was 10. :) But seriously, I know a lot of people who are so excited to get their kids out of their crib so they can be a big boy/girl. I am not one of those people. That being said, it seemed like recently it would make sense to convert Amelia's bed into a toddler bed. I don't really know why. She's always been a terrible sleeper, and there have been a couple nights recently that Jonathan has been in there so many times he says, "I wish I could just lay in her bed with her." Now he can. :) It's been converted now for 2 days and she's taken her naps just fine. Nights haven't been any easier or harder than normal. Both mornings she has woken up an hour earlier than normal, but the first day I brought her down to my bed and she went back to sleep! We'll see if things keep going well, and if not, we'll make it back into a crib! :)

5 comments:

Laura said...

Whether it works or not she sure looks cute in it! And so tiny!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

What a big girly! I realized the other day that within the year Eli, too, will have to be in a big-boy bed. *sigh* There goes the neighborhood!

Elsha said...

Well she sure looks like a big girl sitting there! (Even though we all know she's just a tiny lady.) Are you going to have her sleep in a big girl bed when you guys visit?

Eric and Amy said...

Way cute!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Elsha, we'll keep her in a crib at Mom and Dad's house. I'm a little afraid NONE of us would get any sleep if she wasn't.