Friday, February 24, 2012

I can!

Amelia is in this SUPER annoying phase of saying, "IIIIII can do it!" Literally to everything! Just think of anything you do for your kids, or really anything you do for yourself, and she wants to do it: Fill up her juice cup, first with water and then with the splash of juice we put in, put on all her clothes, especially her socks, which she can't do by herself, stir ANYTHING, especially dishing out and stirring her hot cocoa every night, put on her OWN diaper, which she has yet to accomplish but still wants to do it EVERY time, and many many other things. I am trying SO hard to let her do everything on her own that she wants to but it is really a test of my patience. Especially with the stuff that I know she can't do, like put on her own diaper. Anyway~ the other day I was unloading the dishwasher and of course came the "I can do it!" so I let her. Here's how it turned out:


So proud


Even so, I told her, "You did SUCH a good job! Thank you so much for your help." So that maybe my moments of frustration later in the day would balance out. :) That's how it works, right? :)

2 comments:

Elsha said...

She does look very pleased about the silverware:)

Laura said...

Yeah, I would have a really hard time with this sort of thing too. Mostly because I'm super anal about things. That's pretty cute that she wants to change her diaper though.