Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Amelia the mother

The other morning we had just gotten done eating some toast for breakfast and the 3 of us girls went to sit in the chair in the living room and read books. At one point I looked down at Amelia and smiled and she just stared at me for a minute and then said, "Umm, you have someding wight dere." And pointed at my tooth. WAIT, did my 2 year old just tell me I had toast in my teeth?! Yep. A few minutes later Addilyn started to fuss and she said, "Be patient, sister!" Which is what I'm always telling Amelia to do. Another minute later we started playing peek-a-boo. Amelia would put her blanket over Addilyn's face, Addilyn would start talking up a storm, then Amelia would take the blanket off and yell "Peek-a-boo" and Addilyn would get this huge grin on her face. That lasted about 6 rounds and in one particularly talkative turn Amelia said, "She's freaking out, Mom!" Haha. What a hoot she is these days. If only I wrote down all the crazy things she says throughout the day. Maybe I'll have to start.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ahhh...she's growing up.

Eric and Amy said...

I love the funny things kids say... especially when you recognize it as something you say. :)