Tuesday, January 31, 2012

We moved!

Tricked ya. We did move, but just to our basement. We got an idea the other day that it would be good to have the girls rooms both upstairs so they could be close to each other and share that bathroom, and it would work better as a guest bathroom anyway since it's on the main floor. Jonathan and I like the bathroom in the basement better because it's bigger and warmer (because there's no window), plus the water heater is in it so the water in the shower stays hotter longer. In the four years we've lived here I've never wanted our room to be in the basement, until the other day, and then it sounded like the greatest idea ever. The room has carpet, which I love! I thought the hard wood floors made our room so cold. When we were upstairs I had my closet in our room and Jonathan's closet was in Amelia's room, but downstairs there are 2 closets (that we had full of storage) so now all our stuff is in OUR room. So far it's wonderful, and I can't really see that changing anytime soon. Let's just not have any more kids while we're in this house, because we're out of space! :)

Here are some before and after pictures.

The view from the door (excuse the mess)

A little to the left

A little more to the left


And here's what it looks like now:

View from the door. Changing table, cradle, dresser.

A little to the left is the guest bed.


I'd like to thank my wonderful husband for playing along with my wild hairs and moving all this heavy furniture up and down the stairs with little to no help from me.

Now if Addilyn would sleep through the night so I could quit walking up and down the stairs all night that would be great!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Up and down the stairs... there's like a built in workout with this new configuration too!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Well Addilyn was in the basement before so I was still going up and down the stairs, but she was sleeping for 7-8 hours and now she's only sleeping 4-5. Crap.

Bailey said...

I bet you will be back to the 7-8 hours in a row again soon!

Eric and Amy said...

Sounds like a great plan! Thanks for playing along, Jonathan.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

So cute! Can't wait to use that guest bed :)