Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

Jonathan and I just got back from a super fun 2 night stay in Las Vegas, baby free! Jonathan had never been to Vegas, which made it more fun for me. We arrived on Sunday night around 7 pm, met up with our group of friends and decided to have dinner in our hotel:

The Excalibur...


At this resturant. Let me just tell you, don't go there.

I know that the point of the resturant is for the waitstaff to be "Dick's" to the customers, but it's just not that fun. Plus, there was a VERY loud live band playing, which made it impossible to communicate with anyone without SCREAMING. Annoying.

That night we walked around for a while before calling it a night.





The next morning Jonathan and I got up early and went to the breakfast buffet before heading to the Spa for some nice relaxing treatments. He had been complaining that his back was hurting so he got a 50 minute deep tissue massage, while I opted for a facial. Then we went back to our room to shower and get ready for the day. Everything was going great until our group decided it would be a good idea to walk from one end of the strip to the other to, "See the sights." We saw the sights, and they were beautiful, but it pretty much ruined the rest of my trip by taking away my ability to walk.





Needless to say, that night we opted to take a taxi to dinner at the Bellagio, and then I took off my shoes for the long trek back to New York, NY, which is where we saw ZUMANITY. The show was good, except the part where I GOT CALLED UP ON STAGE. That just might be my biggest fear, and it came to life! I guess I should've expected it, considering we sat on the 4th row, and I was on the aisle. Anyway~ I guess I'll never forget that experience!!



The next day we ate breakfast at a cute litttle cafe in New York, NY, then headed out for more sightseeing, much to my crippled legs dismay.




At about 2pm we got a taxi back to the airport and flew home. I can honestly say I wasn't sad to leave. Besides the fact that I was crippled, I missed Amelia SO much, and we were poor. ;)

Viva Las Vegas!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Complaining about not being able to have a conversation over loud music...? Sounds like you're getting old!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

The picture of you and Jonathan where there's a flowery tree or something behind him is one of my favorite pictures of you guys. Weird, but true, it's just a really good picture of you both! And the one with the coke bottle behind you could almost be artsy, you and the bottle have similar curvy shapes... I know that's totally what you were going for.