Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm "Bike" in the saddle again...

Last year I got a great deal on Craigslist for a child carrier seat for Jonathan's bike so he could take Amelia on rides. We thought she was still a little too young for it last year, and also I don't even think they sell bike helmets that small, but since it's starting to get nice outside Jonathan decided to hook it up! They took a trip to Wal-Mart together to get her a helmet and some (unexpected) sunglasses:



That day, and almost every day since then, they've gone on a bike ride together! It's so cute to hear Amelia run into the garage to greet Jonathan when he gets home from work and yell, "Bak, bak!" (That's "bike, bike" for any of you that didn't catch on.)




Well, as much as it was really great to have them go on a short ride every evening so I could finish making dinner, I was feeling a little left out of the fun. Here was our solution to that problem:



A bike for Kari! Yay! Isn't that the cutest bike you ever did see?! I love it! And the best part about it was our family bike ride tonight :) Hopefully many more to come in the warm Spring evenings.

6 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

So cute! I don't know what I'm going to do now since I have 3 kids and a 2-seater trailer... maybe I'll have to get a seat like Jonathan's! Good thing Pueblo doesn't have hills, those cruisers are adorable but its kinda tough to take hills when you only have 1 gear.

Elsha said...

Cute! Also, just so you know, Kalena calls bicycles "bike-ka-kls"

Kari and Jonathan said...

Kirsta- you should totally keep your eye out on craigslist! Otherwise, I think they're about $40 at WAl-mart.. A good gift idea! Also, my bike has 7 gears! Woot Woot!

Anonymous said...

Reading this post makes me realize I should have texted you on Sunday. I was at Kohls and looking at purses. Mine is kind of blah and I wanted a slightly nicer looking one for carrying to work. The problem I ran into is the one I liked was hot pink. My first choice in the black department just didn't measure up, and hot pink didn't seem like the right choice for work. I got out my phone to text Jason and ask him if I should get a hot pink or a black purse. I ended up putting my phone away and not buying any purse. Really what I was looking for was someone to tell me it was okay to get the hot pink one. Between the helmet, the bike and your shirt I think it's safe to say you were the person I needed.

Kari and Jonathan said...

Laura- first of all, you should've text me because that sounds like a Kari problem if I've ever heard one! Second of all, of course I would've told you to buy the hot pink one!

Last Sunday my friend wanted to wear a black and white striped dress with hot pink under it but she thought it was "too much" so she just stuck with black. Then she got to church and I was wearing black and white with a hot pink tank AND shoes. Hot pink is never too much.

:)

Eric and Amy said...

That is an adorable bike. I'm so happy for you to get to go on family bike rides. We've been irritated with ours because they always need air in them and we can't seem to find a tire pump that really works. :( Maybe this spring!