Thursday, March 24, 2011

It's finally done!! (well, almost)

-Posted by Jonathan

I know all of you know how long Kari and I have been working on the basement bathroom, but I finally got the motivation I needed to move the upstairs sink to the basement, and it came in the form of four missionaries! We had always said that moving the sink would be the "kickoff" to starting the upstairs, so I guess we're starting. Here are some pictures to remind you all just how bad the bathroom area was before, and I will try to show them in a was/now format.





















I think things look a lot better, but the mirror situation is still being debated. I was thinking about mounting the full length mirror, you can see it next to the sink, sideways just below the window giving the room a panoramic look, and I am going to build an inset cubby of sorts for hanging towels to the left of the shower, and some shelves above the toilet inspired by Kirsta's work at John and Linda's guest bathroom. I know you've seen it step by step when you have visited but with the sink in and some hardware and towels hanging, I just think it feels so comfortable. Now on to the next one...

Yikes!!!

2 comments:

Elsha said...

Woohoo! You guys are ambitious!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I'm definitely looking forward to updates on the upstairs bathroom as you guys work on it. It's exciting to get new paint and stuff, but it's REALLY exciting to do it from the drywall up! Kind of like your downstairs bathroom... it's completely different! And awesome. Hopefully you can get some more new tools for the project :) I know that's always Joe's favorite part!