Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Jackpot

We hit the jackpot! At least along the lines of new clothes for Amelia :) A couple weeks ago I went to Old Navy's huge sale, and everything that had an orange sticker was an additional 50% off the sale price. Unfortunately, they didn't have too many baby clothes left, but I did get a couple great deals.

Shoes for next winter: $1.50

Snow pants $4.50


Also, I have become a Craigslist junkie. I check the listings at least twice a day because there are so many great deals on there and I just don't want to miss anything! A little while back I got 20 books for Amelia for $10. Ten of the books were board books, and six were Berenstein Bears! Can't beat that deal! Yesterday I got 5 pairs of toddler shoes for $15, and two of them were Nike's! I love Craigslist.

These 3 are for Amelia, the other 2 (not pictured) are for Kalena.


On top of all that, Melody has been hard at work, like always, making beautiful summer clothes for Amelia. She's not the spoiled first grandchild or anything ;) We are so set in the clothes department, now it just needs to be the right season for the right size clothes! I can't wait to play dress up!

Adorable designs in the middle of these rompers made from her new embroidery machine


The blue dress is reversible and therefore came with 2 sets of bloomers and a reversible hat


Last night we were trying some of her new clothes on her and I just loved this picture. I wish she hadn't had her white onsie on underneath but whaddya do??

3 comments:

Elsha said...

I love the hat. She should wear hats more often.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Summer if the best for dress-up! No worries about whether their clothes are warm enough or if the outfit will look weird with socks. The embroidered peices are amazing! Melody is probably one of the few people who buys that machine who will actually get their money's worth from it!

salem said...

Score! I'm a diehard craigslist fan. Especially with toys. Thomas the train retails for 20 bucks a piece? I don't think so.