Saturday, February 13, 2010

Rescue Socks

Every night after we're done eating dinner, Jonathan feeds Amelia dinner and I do the dishes. It's a great system. He just sits her in the Bumbo on the table and they have a great time eating and playing. While Amelia eats she likes to play with her socks. And also she likes to touch the spoon and her face a lot, therefore getting all her food all over her socks. I never realized how much baby food stains! My gosh. Well, the other night she was wearing an all white footed play suit from her great-aunt Shirley, which Jonathan saw as a disaster waiting to happen. As I'm doing the dishes I hear him say, "Thank you, rescue socks!" I came over to see what in the world he was talking about and it was this:

He had put a pair of her socks over the outfit! I laughed so hard!! He dropped a big glob of food on them, which is why he thanked them.

We've come up with an even better solution since then:

A Bumbo play tray!

3 comments:

Bailey and Aaron said...

So cute...she looks so happy with her new play surface too!

Elsha said...

Nice fix. We never got a tray for Kalena, but maybe we will this time around.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Definitely an excellent solution, both to the messy feet and to getting things clean after dinner. Joe thinks he's doing me a favor if he does the dishes and cleans up, but it's REALLY a favor if he takes the boys so I can have a minute to myself in the kitchen!