Thursday, July 30, 2009

Big Boy Toy

Being that most of those who read our blog were at the John Gustavsons reunion in Midland, I can safely say that you all know that my Jeep had a few problems. First, it had a transmission slip when we got to Midland, then a flat tire, then another transmission slip on the way home during a hurricane of a rain shower at Capulin, NM, and to top it off, it just stopped running last Sunday on my way to help my father move in Colorado Springs. After having it towed back to my house, (thank you again Brian,) I had it taken in to my local auto shop. $750 later, I had a working vehicle, (at least for the day.) Now my Jeep isn't the oldest car, only a '98, and it didn't have the highest mileage, just over 160,000 miles, but it had been through a lot with me, and Kari and I had to make a decision on what the best move would be. Do we trade it in while we can still get a little in trade, or keep driving it hoping it would last another year or more. ?

Well we, (and by we I mean I,) came across a good deal on a new vehicle online, and decided not to let it pass us by, so we spent the better part of a very chilly day in Castle Rock buying a new one. So here is my tribute to my beloved Grand Cherokee




But it's out with the old and in with the new, (but I kept it in the family.)

I came across a beautiful Jeep Commander on my favorite way to pass the time, autotrader.com; called to make sure it was still on the lot; drove with Kari to Castle Rock; and now here it is!



And here is me with my new toy! I mean, the new vehicle which can now safely transport my family whenever we need to go, ;-)

Here are some shots inside,


And under the hood,



I won't go into all the details about the car, but maybe when you see it I can show you more. So welcome my new toy, I mean "safe vehicle" to the family!

3 comments:

Psycho Dad said...

Wow!

Elsha said...

Looks like fun! I mean, looks nice and safe...

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Shnazzy looking car! And no flat tires in sight :) You'll be happy to have a car that doesn't break down with a crying baby in the backseat, because that's like your worst nightmare EVER. Nightmare averted! And I love how you posted pictures of the engine, like most blog readers are male or something :)