Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crazy busy day

Often my days are pretty boring, but since Wednesday is Jonathan's day off we schedule all our "to-do's" for that day, which makes them pretty busy. Today was especially busy, and I'm just going to kill 3 birds with one stone here because we all know how bad I am at blogging.

We started our morning with Addilyn's 1 year doctor appointment.  Her stats are: Weight: 16.2 lbs, Height: 27 1/4 inches, and I don't remember her head circumference but I'll tell you that NONE of her stats are on the charts. Smallest 1 year old ever. Ha! I'm anxious to see how our next baby turns out.  Addilyn is as cute and fun as ever these days.  She loves to discover her voice and often screams at the top of her lungs for no reason. She's way louder than Amelia ever was.  She says "Hi' and loves to stand at the screen door whenever anyone leaves and say, "Bye Bye" about 100 times. She has signed "all done" a couple times, but not on a regular basis, so we're still working on that one, but I also realized that we don't really teach her any other signs, so we should probably get on that. She sleeps from 6pm to between 6-7am, which is amazing considering how Amelia always (still) sleeps, but Addilyn is a TERRIBLE napper, (1 nap a day for about 45 minutes) and I don't know which is worse. Again, we'll see how number 3 turns out.

Big sister, little sister shirts

We went straight from Addilyn's appointment to the bank so we could close on our loan for our new car!!  We knew that we would need a new car when the new baby came because I couldn't fit 3 car seats into my Hundai Sonata.  We went back and forth on a lot of different ideas and had done a lot of research on different options.  Jonathan was REALLY pushing me to get a minivan, which I understand the practicality of them, but I am SOOO not ready to be a minivan mom and honestly don't think I ever will be.  He was so into it though, that a couple weeks ago he approached me with "I have a proposition for you" and a million thoughts flooded my mind in about 1 minute. He said if I agreed to get a minivan that we could sell his Jeep to get it and he would drive the Hundai. Now, if any of you know Jonathan and his love affair with his Jeep, this was the shocking news of the century! Honestly I was speechless for about 10 minutes. So I'm just going to claim Best Husband of the Year for that one! Anyway~ on our 5 minute drive to Kirsta's house we noticed an Acura MDX parked in someones driveway with a for sale sign on it, and Jonathan happened to know that it had 3rd row seating. The night he made me his famous proposition I told him before we made any drastic decisions to just call on the Acura and see if it would be something we'd be interested in. We called and we were interested.  We test drove it and we were interested.  A few days later we made an offer and HE was interested! It all went relatively fast and today we sealed the deal. Now I'm the proud new owner of this:

Amelia has said 1,000 times, "I LOVE your pretty new car, Mom!"

After naps we gathered our belongings and met up with the Jacob's clan and headed to the pumpkin patch!

Got ourselves some good looking pumpkins to carve next week.  Addilyn slept through the whole thing, which was fine by me! Anything for a nap :)

What a wonderful day!! And now I have NOTHING to do tomorrow, lol. :)

4 comments:

Elsha said...

So, Daniel outweighed her by 2 pounds at his 6 month visit. Definitely the smallest baby ever.

Also, YAY new car!!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That was a crazy busy day! And yes, Ruby also weighed more than Addilyn at six months. Only by a couple ounces, but still. That's crazy! I can't wait for your third baby to be huge! And I don't blame you about the minivan. I agree with Amelia. Love your pretty new car!

Bailey said...

That's so exciting about the new car! I didn't know that that model had a third row of seating! I am also proud of you for not caving into the pressure of a minivan! I never want to be caught driving one either!

Anonymous said...

Yeah for producing baby girls!!! Love the updates