Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Addilyn!

Addilyn is officially 1 year old today! I seriously cannot believe it.  As dumb as it sounds, it seems like a year of her life has passed but not of mine. How does that happen?! I guess it's a good thing that she's already 1 though, since we have another one on the way, and I'd hate for them to be TOO close together!

Anyway~ we had a party for her last weekend since that's when my parents were in town. Of course the weather all that week was in the high 70's, and the week after was the same, but the day of her birthday it was 40 degrees. Boo! So we moved the party inside, and were happy when people canceled at the last minute since our house only fits about, well, us. We served apple cider and crock pot hot cocoa (which sadly, I never tried) and Jonathan and Tom made these beauties:

                                                                            Big Bird

Oscar the Grouch
  Cookie Monster- this one is my fault because he was supposed to be made of blueberries and blackberries, but they were crazy expensive so I thought I could substitute- Wrong.
Elmo

Not that Addilyn is into Sesame Street at all, actually she's never even seen it, but I saw these on Pinterest and thought it'd be a cute way to serve veggies.
Then of course we had cake:

I'm a little mad at myself.. My Dad's birthday just so happened to be the day after this party and he turned 61, so we made him a "6" cake and set it right next to this "1" cake, and for some reason I didn't get a picture of them together! Grr. Anyway~ happy birthday to you, too, Dad!


Of course Addilyn was spoiled rotten with clothes, books and toys, and her favorite gift of all- al bag full of squeezable baby food from the Jacobs clan!


Happy happy birthday to my baby (not for too much longer), "bubs".  We love you, Addilyn!

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Happy birthday Addilyn!

Anonymous said...

Super cute veggies! And happy birthday Addilyn! I can't believe she's already one!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

The veggie trays worked, that's about the most vegetables I've had all year. Possibly the ONLY vegetables I've had all year! If I want to keep "favorite aunt" status I'm going to have to make a secret stock of the squeezie-food things, she WAS pretty excited about them.