Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween 2012

Right after we got our cute little black dog Khloe, (by the way, we didn't name her or spell it that way, it was like that on her collar) in August, I suggested that we dress as The Wizard Of Oz characters for Halloween so that Khloe could be Toto! I called my mother-in-law, who is an amazing seamstress and our go-to Halloween costume maker. Oddly enough (I wasn't shocked, but you might be) she already had the patterns for Dorothy and the Lion that she had purchased in years passed for "just in case." Of course their costumes turned out AMAZING, with Addilyn's consisting of more than 40 yards of ribbon!

                                                This Lion needs to get some courage! hehe
                                       (This costume is going down in history as one of my favorites)

Amelia's dress was adorable, along with her matching basket and hair bows

I chose to be the Tin Man so that we could have my costume cover my belly
And we thought that Jonathan actually kind of looked like the scarecrow from the movie, so he wanted to be him.

Here's the whole gang!
I love doing family themed Halloweens! I know they're just going to get harder, so maybe we'll have to start just doing the girls.  How about the 3 fairies from Sleeping Beauty? Cute. 

I hope you all had a very happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

Adorable! Very few of the parents who came trick-or-treating at our house were dressed up at all, much less with a cute theme for the whole family. Kudos to you guys! And you're so lucky you didn't have to make them all yourself!

Elsha said...

I love it! If we move to Pueblo, will Melody make me some costumes?

Kirsta 'n co. said...

It's pretty much the best thing ever to have you guys so close, even if you DO show us up in costumes.

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP I'M IMPRESSED!!!! I bought Ruby's costume at Costco, dressed up as myself and Jason worked. So, you know, Waldrops - 0, Phelps - like a million Halloween points. So cute!