Thursday, May 17, 2012

For Mother's Day this year we decided to have Amelia make something for her Grandma Melody. From the beginning, Melody said she wanted to be called "MeMo" which are the first letters in her first and (maiden) last name.. Melody Monett. Here's how it went:

We taped out her name
Blue fingerpaint

Painting away
Halfway done (taking a bread break)
Took off the tape.. All done
Great job, Amelia! Thank you, Pinterest, for the idea!  I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day.

6 comments:

Laura said...

OMG Kari! You are like THE poster Mom! At this point I don't understand how parents of babies manage to keep their older kids fed, let alone direct craft projects! I'm in awe!

Elsha said...

So cute!

emandfam said...

What a great idea! Definitely remembering this for my Mom's birthday in the fall. What a little artist. :)

Kari and Jonathan said...

Laura- you make me smile. Funny thing is, She's been asking to finger paint every day since then and I'm like, "no that's too messy" leaving me feeling guilty for being a mean mom. Also, Addilyn was crying in my ear the whole time and I wanted to give her away. But by the time Ruby is 7 months old you'll have the hang of it!!

Eric and Amy said...

Great idea! I totally thought it was a "memo" board for posting pictures and notes. Cute to have her grandma's nickname on it. She looks very proud of her artwork - as she should. Nice job, Miss Amelia!

Eric and Amy said...

Ha ha Laura! I just have one child and sometimes can't imagine how moms of more than that can do ANYthing besides feed them, bathe them, and try to keep up with the house! Funny for Kari to give us the whole perspective. :)