Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pregnancy pillows

I have no shortage of pregnancy pillows. I don't really know why, because it seems like no matter what you do when you're pregnant, you just don't sleep very well. The first one I bought was right when I found out I was pregnant with Amelia, and I think I was just anxious to buy stuff. It looks like this:

A small wedge. It didn't get too much use.


Later in my pregnancy with Amelia I wanted something more substantial and also that I could put between my knees. We bought a standard body pillow, like so:


Well, now that pillow sits on the back of our couch in the basement because the couch slouches so much you need some head support. Lots of good use out of that one. Then, and couple months ago Jonathan took a random trip to Wal-mart and came home with this one for me:


It was only $8, and since my body pillow was being used for something else, he figured I needed a new one. Well, I LOVE it! It's so comfy and I love that whenever I roll over in the night there's still pillow in the perfect position on the other side. Funny enough, many nights I would wake up to Jonathan sleeping on it with me! Anyway~ the other night when Jonathan got home he said, "Oh I bought you something today! It's a new pregnancy pillow!" He had said that it was a return at his store (Fully inspected to make sure it was gross in any way) and that they were going to donate it but then the other manager asked if one of the guys with a pregnant wife would want it. Jonathan bought it for $9, when they retail for $60! Anyway~ it sat in his car that night and then he set it next to the bed before he left for work, and when I woke up in the morning and saw it I just laughed because I was stuffed in one of those giant comforter bags! I thought, "This pillow is not messing around!" And it's NOT:



I don't know how big it looks to you guys, but it seriously take up more than half our bed. We're going to have to get a king size bed in order to have enough room! :) Just kiddding. But it's SO huge and SO overwhelming that I usually sleep with it until early morning and then throw it off the bed to get some space. And if it's too hot, forget it. It would be great, however, for a winter pregnancy because you'd be warm all night! It's also pretty amusing that I have to get on the bed at the end and the crawl into the space, because it's too heafty for me to just hop on over. So, if anyone needs to borrow a pregnancy pillow, you know who to come to!

2 comments:

Elsha said...

Ha ha ha! Just kick Jonathan out and you'll have enough room.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

As if a hugely pregnant girl doesn't take up enough room in a bed, here's a pillow that's 3 times her size! Ta-da!

I won't make too much fun, I'm sure I'll be borrowing it next time in a desperate bid for some z's.