Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Amelia's Party

This past weekend we had a very eventful Saturday. We (I don't really know who "We" entails here) decided to have a baby shower for Baby Girl Phelps and Amelia's 2nd birthday party on the same day, AT MY HOUSE. Maybe a good idea, maybe a bad idea, either way, we did it. Unfortunately, I was feeling a little overwhelmed around the time that the baby shower started to I left all the picture taking up to Melody, and she prefers to use film, so you all will have to come to my house to see those pictures. :) Things had calmed down by the time Amelia's party was to start. Jonathan had come home from work, and we were only hosting family, which is less stressful to me than lots of friends. So I DID get lots of pictures of her party. The first one I'll post is of my friend Chrystal and I. Chrystal was actually the one who hosted my baby shower. It was very kind of her to want to do so, considering she lives in Glenwood Springs. Anyway~ even though this picture was taken at the b-day party, it's what we looked like for the shower. :)


And now here are some candids:

She LOVED those balloons, especially when they popped!

Grilling with Dad

Sweet Caroline

Yummy burgers

YUMMY soda

MegaBlocks from Elsha and Brian

Not too sure about this hat!

Where the Wild Things are from Grandma and Grandpa Gus

ADORABLE cake made by Grandma Melody

Yum

Jonathan and my gift to Amelia was this super cute trampoline. She was so eager to jump on it that this picture was taken before the protective walls were set up.

A new tricycle from Grandma and Grandpa Phelps. She doesn't know how to pedal yet but she loves to be pushed around on it.

We also got her this big ball that you hook up to the hose and it squirts water.


After the party we decided to take all the kids over to Mom and Dad's hotel to go swimming. It was a good idea, until EVERY SINGLE time Amelia got water in her mouth she would choke and puke. Awesome. Also, she didn't understand that we weren't in bathtub-deep water so when we wouldn't let go of underneath her armpits she would throw a huge tantrum. It was fun times for us. At least Kirsta had fun with their kids!




Thanks, everyone, for the wonderful gifts and fun times! We are a well blessed family!

3 comments:

Elsha said...

I don't know if those mega blocks were a good choice. She sort of looks like, "who gave me this crap?" in that picture.

Kari and Jonathan said...

Lol Elsha. She had a mouthful of carrot. But no, she loves them!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

My kids DID party it up at the pool. Like Amelia, Eli had a huge bonk after you guys left, but we weren't deterred and he got over it (after a lot of screaming, of course). The pic of Caroline is one of those that reconfirms my suspicion that girls aren't cute - see Amelia's pigtails? Adorable. See Caroline, dressed to the NINES in pink and a tutu? It just looks like I stuck Eli in a ballerina costume. Should have worn a headband, dang it.