Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Birthday and 29 weeks

Happy Birthday to my beautiful Miss Amelia! I seriously cannot believe she's 2! But if you ask her, she'll definitely tell you she's 2! Unless she's feeling extra frisky and she'll tell you she's 6 or 10. :) Her favorite songs to sing are wheels on the bus, twinkle twinkle, and head shoulders knees and toes. She's finally to the point with movies that she'll sit for about 25 min by herself so I can get a few things done, but only with Monsters Inc. She hasn't wanted to branch out. She's a great talker, and can tell you everything she needs, which is SO nice! She's even starting to put 3 and 4 words together, like "I need help" or "I can't reach it" or "yes, I do." I don't have any stats on her until next Wednesday, but I'm sure she's fallen off the weight chart. She's our tiny lady. Although, today I asked her what she wanted for her birthday dinner and very seriously she said, "cake." haha.
Here she is doing one of her favorite things:

Coloring!

She scribbles a little and then says "Amelia Phelps" because that's what she thinks she wrote.


On my end of things, I am now 29 weeks along, and feeling great! I had a doctor visit yesterday and she told me I'm doing great! Yay. I've gained 18 lbs so far, so I'm right on track to gain less than 40 lbs this time, unless I get really crazy for the next 10 weeks. (Which I might, because unlike last pregnancy, all I want to eat are sweets.) I passed my glucose test, which is AWESOME! Dr. Kruse said the cutoff is 135 (whatever that means) and I was at 124, which boggles my mind that I failed last time! hmm. Also, I'm all paid off! I've been paying my delivery in increments and I paid the last one yesterday, which is such a relief that there won't be a huge bill a couple months down the road. I was very pleased with how everything went yesterday! Oh, except I shattered the back glass on my iPhone. :( :(
Anyway~ here I am.


That's all for now. It's going to be a busy weekend. Chrystal is coming in town tonight, my parents are coming tomorrow and then we're having a baby shower and a birthday party for Amelia on Saturday! I'm so excited for the festivities!

1 comment:

Elsha said...

Happy birthday to Amelia! And I can't believe that's a 29 week belly. That's what I look like at about 19 weeks.

Sorry we can't make it to the parties! I'm sending some stuff with mom though.