Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Milk

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO GET MY CHILD TO DRINK MILK?!

It's starting to get a little frustrating. As most of you know, a few months back we threw away her "special" cup because it was old and leaky and getting to be to much of a comfort object rather than just a drinking device. We were so excited to finally get rid of that cup, not realizing what the repercussions would be. She has not touched a drop of milk since that day. Nothing, nada. I feel like I've tried everything. Chocolate milk, strawberry milk, out of a straw cup, out of a big girl cup, drinking mom's milk out of her cup, milkshakes, smoothies, EVERYTHING! I'm lost. Especially because she asks for milk and chocolate milk, and then we get it ready and she won't touch it. I've tried to be nonchalant about it and I've tried being strict and telling her that milk is all she gets for the rest of the day, and believe me, she'll go all day and night without a drop! The other day in a very last attempt I went to the store and bought her old cup! We had a re-introduction and a stern talking to about drinking milk from her old cup and then when we got home she wouldn't touch it. GRRRRRR. Any suggestions are useful!

4 comments:

Elsha said...

Sounds like she needs to have a little chat with Buster. Every time I get up him (in the morning or from nap) the first thing he does is look up at me and say, "Muk! Muk!" while also signing for it. He's probably drinking enough for the both of them.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I doubt this post was for advice, but more for venting - it sounds like you've tried everything! Feel free to keep making milkshakes for her while I'm around - when she refuses them I'll be on take to take over :) Other than that keep doin' what you're doing - cheese and dairy products as mch as possible and vitamins to supplement. You're a good mommy.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Patrick asked me today about the story when you got holes in your teeth, and I was reminded that mom said for a long time you refused to drink anything but apple juice (hence the holes in your teeth). I'm thinking the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree :)

Kari and Jonathan said...

Kirsta- that's funny that Patrick knows I got holes in my teeth. You should tell them about the problems I have NOW with them! I can't wait til this pregnancy is over! Anyway- EVERY time I tell Mom something bad or annoying or frustrating that Amelia did she reminds me that it's exactly like something I did when I was that age. I guess just because she looks like Jonathan, she is very much my daughter.