Monday, June 20, 2011

Emily's Wedding

The actual reason we went to Grand Junction was to attend my longtime friend Emily Rhodes wedding. She had asked me last summer, before they had set a date, if I would do her makeup for her wedding, whenever it may be. Of course I was honored! Well, the time finally came for her wedding, but we decided to go to Junction for an entire week to make the trip worthwhile. Anyway~ it was a gorgeous wedding up on Devil's Kitchen with a reception following at Two Rivers Convention Center. She did so many things that made me think, "Dang, I wish I would've thought to do that at my wedding!" For instance, I thought having both her parents walk her down the isle was adorable:


Needless to say, everything was beautiful and wonderful and I'm so happy for her! Here are some more pictures:

Jonathan and I on the bus being shuttled to Devil's kitchen

Beautiful hair, makeup, dress!

Her Dad did the ceremony, which I also thought was adorable.

1st dance

Longtime friends :)

Congratulations to the new Mrs. Emily George!

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Cute pictures! You know, technically dad could have done your ceremony. Actually, in Colorado you don't even have to have someone marry you, you can just say vows and marry each other. Crazy huh?

Kari and Jonathan said...

Yea that is crazy!

Eric and Amy said...

I was just looking for the "like" button. Oops! Too much facebook lately, I guess.