Monday, May 9, 2011

Home again, home again

Whew, what a crazy 2 weeks it's been. A couple weeks ago we had gotten a couple e-mails from my Dad saying that my Grandma Gustavson's health was quickly declining. Of course, with all these crazy pregnancy hormones I've got goin' on right now I was a huge emotional mess, so I decided I better go to Junction to have one last hurrah with her and see my family for a little peace of mind. Well, Jonathan had a store manager meeting to go to in Denver 2 weeks ago Wednesday and Thursday, so I thought I'd go with him to spend a couple days at Kirsta's house and then continue on to Junction for said hurrah. Well, I sure got my last hurrah. I arrived in Junction at 2pm on Friday, and at 4pm Grandma Gustavson died. Yep, just like that. Pretty crazy and fast and unexpected, but she's gone. :( I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she's in heaven being so nice and kind-hearted to everyone, which was something she was often unable to achieve here on Earth. Love you Grandma!

Grandma told me that "Amanda" was her favorite :)


Hawaii 2008



While the loss of Grandma was sad, funerals are always great because they bring people together. It was so much fun to get to spend a few days with all my Aunts and Uncles and their families, and of course seeing Karl was awesome. It was a great trip, and now we're back to normal life.

1 comment:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Amanda is my favorite, too :)