Wednesday, May 11, 2011

17 weeks

I am now 17 weeks pregnant. Sure seems like more than that. I went to the doctor today for my monthly check-up. She said everything looks and sounds great, except that I'm gaining my weight too fast. She said, "You're going to be mad at me when you get to 40 pounds." I said, "Well I did gain 40 with my 1st pregnancy." And she said, "Not this fast you didn't!" Which is true. I've gained 7 pounds in the last 6 weeks and that's no bueno for this early. I'm going to go ahead and blame that on Easter candy and spending 10 days out of town. :) When we listened to the baby's heartbeat I asked her to tell me if the beats per minute were of a boy or a girl and she said a girl! Yay. But then she said that really means nothing, and it could be either. Dang. But then she told me to look at the Chinese calender to predict gender because it's 65% accurate, so tonight I did that, and it said a girl! Yay. I'm sure soon enough I'll get the public's opnion about how I'm carrying or if I look fat from behind to predict which gender I'm having. Can't wait for that. ;) I would post my 16 week picture for you guys, but it still looks like I'm arching my back a little bit, so I'll spare you for a couple more weeks. For now, check out how cute Amelia is on her new tricycle:


Also, for all you Grand Junctioners, Amelia constantly sits on my lap and says, "pony, pony, pony, whoaaaaaa!"

2 comments:

Elsha said...

Tell her to come on over and we'll play pony!

Anonymous said...

You want another girl, huh? You must be planning on more than two kids...?