Friday, January 28, 2011

Beautiful

Thank goodness for beautiful weather! There's nothing quite like having this long, freezing winter broken up by a day of 70 degrees! Remember when this was Amelia "enjoying" her first trip to the park:



Well, here she was today.. No more baby Amelia!




And I didn't even touch her once! She did it all on her own! I was pretty proud.

Then we went and fed the geese. We were just going to look at them until a nice girl came over and asked if I wanted a loaf of bread to feed them. I said, "Maybe not a whole loaf, but how about a couple slices?" She was there with her Grandpa who said, "We went to the day-old bread store and they gave us 22 loaves for $2!" WHAT?!? Looks like I'll be visiting the day-old bread store!!



What a beautiful day! By Tuesday it's supposed to be back to 22 degrees. Great. More winter.

5 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

How nice to get out and have some sunshine! Espen keeps getting sick so we've been indoors a lot. :( I love her expressions with the geese!

Elsha said...

She's getting so big!

Anonymous said...

OMG I can't believe you fed the devil!! I HATE geese. There was a family that camped out by a lake at an old apartment complex of mine. They would hiss and chase me off the path by the lake all the time.

P.S. I like the new blog background.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

So, did you go to the day-old breastore yet?

Kari and Jonathan said...

Laura- I'm sorry I fed them. But it was the other girl's fault for having all that bread! We were just gonna look :) but also, I feel that way about pidgins.. I want them all dead.

Kirsta- we haven't gone yet. We totally should've gone together right after the book store! Dang.