Sunday, May 23, 2010

Recently

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! No, we didn't fall off the face of the Earth. We've just been keeping ourselves too busy! Jonathan is outside in the yard from the time he gets home from work until it's darker than dark outside, with a short break to eat my (sometimes) yummy dinners. Amelia and I have been enjoying the 80 and 90 degree weather by getting out of the house and buying lots of new clothes and shoes. :) That's not all we do, but it's usually the highlight. She is just growing up right before our eyes! One, or both of my sisters told me once that every stage a child goes through is SO much better than the last. You think it can't get any better and then they start doing more and saying more and it IS better! You never think, "I wish she would go back to being a blob on the floor and doing nothing." Maybe that will all change when they start to talk back. :-/

This is a big week for me.. I'm turning 25! AHHHHHHHHHH. On the 25th no less, which makes it my Golden Birthday! Not that that makes it any more exciting for me. I'm not a fan of birthdays. Jonathan couldn't stand waiting until Tuesday for all my gifts so he let me open one this morning, which was a new outfit complete with matching shoes! Wow, this guy sure loves me! He is such a great shopper. We spent today in Colorado Springs with the Phelps family and ate chicken fettuccine Alfredo and banana cream pie. MMM, my favorite. Here are some pictures from today:


Just SO excited for these gifts!

OOOOOO, nice shirt!

Grandpa Phelps

Amelia likes to nod "yes" and this was right in the middle of a nod, lol. Also, those are Whitney's crazy skinny legs.

Today was a great day, but Jonathan tells me that the best gifts are yet to come, so I can't wait for Tuesday. Then, the highlight of my birthday week will be this weekend when my parents will be here! YAY! I look forward to a busy, fun, exciting week this week, which means that YOU all can look forward to more blogging!

2 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

It must have been Elsha who told you that it gets better with each stage, I don't remember saying that. So far for Eli, I don't remember THINKING that - I just think "waaaaaah! My baby's getting bigger! Go back to being tiny!"

Eric and Amy said...

Whew! I really started to wonder if you DID fall off the planet. I'm glad you're back to blogging.