Wednesday, May 5, 2010

9 Months

Amelia is 9 months old! What?! Crazy. What's even crazier is that this is how long I was pregnant. Maybe even longer. Ugh. I just couldn't believe how long pregnancy was, and I know it's just because it was my first one and I didn't have anything to distract me. Anyway~ we got her pictures taken at Sears today and it pretty much went like this:


Ok, so it wasn't really like that, but she has taken the Kalena approach to pictures and that is to blankly stare at the photographer no matter what tricks she's trying to get her to smile. I just know she's thinking, "Yea right lady, like that dumb singing frog is going to make me smile." Even though she smiles at us ALL day long at home. We did manage to get a couple cute ones that you all will be receiving in the mail soon. That is, sometime after the 18th when we get to pick them up. Here's a preview to wet your appetite:

No more sneaky peaks! You have to wait and see what you get! :) She is so fun now. She crawls everywhere, which is nice because if she wants you, she'll come find you! She loves to stand up with the dishwasher door and slide the basket in and out. She says Mama and Dada, which we love, unless she's crying saying, "maaaaaaaama." Then it just breaks my heart even more. I think that about sums it up. :)

3 comments:

Elsha said...

I like the first one. I hope you bought those.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Sometimes it's the not-so-perfect ones that capture a child's personality :) I kid, we all know Amelia's a smiley one. Side note: Patrick always says "happy face!" about Eli now... unless he's crying, when he says "sad face." Reminds me of my old video!

I think it's "whet" your appetite; like a whet stone sharpens a knife, appetisers sharpen your hunger.

Eric and Amy said...

Photo studies do strange things to children's personalities, that's for sure!