Monday, March 15, 2010

(by Jonathan)

If you haven't heard yet, Kari and I have been shopping around for a crib due to the fact that little miss Amelia is getting, "SOOOOOO BIG!!" This unfortunately means that she will no longer be sleeping in the cradle I made her, but I guess we have to move on because I imagine it might be embarrassing when she is 16 and still sleeping in it :-) We looked on several sites but landed on a particularly cute bed on none other than bedbathandbeyond.com.





We were very excited to get this ordered and even more excited when it showed up the day before we left for Grand Junction. We didn't have a mattress for it yet, so we decided to leave it in the box and put it together when we had a mattress and Amelia could start using her new bed.

When we got home Friday, I tore into that box like it was Christmas!!! (Amelia had some fun too.)












Isn't she cute!!

While assembling the crib, I noticed that the base seemed smaller than the mattresses we had seen in stores but thought nothing of it. But when I measured the base, then looked online and found that there were no mattresses that fit this crib, I was a little peeved. I then figured that my tried and true website would surely have an accompanying mattress to go with the crib... they didn't. What I did find was that I apparently don't read so well. Next to the lovely picture that captured our fancy like a shiny lure to a little fish read...

"Nursery Smart® Chelsea Convertible Mini Crib - Cherry

This beautiful crib with a non-toxic finish is ideal for nurseries with limited space, and is functional and practical. It is adjustable to four levels of mattress support and has no moving parts, so it is a safer crib for baby. The optional conversion rails, sold separately, convert the crib into a twin size bed. Assembly required. Crib measures 38" H x 28" W x 39" L.

Great.

So then I got to spend Sunday afternoon repackaging the crib so we could send it back, then spent tonight looking for a new crib, (which we found,)


















I just hope that since I had Kari look over the details on this one that we'll get this one right! ;-)

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Well, that sucks that you had to send it back, but I actually like the second one better:)

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Agreed with Elsha, the first one is definitely cute, but the second one is gorgeous :) She can definitely sleep in THAT one until she's 16 without being embarassed! :)

Now that the old one is sent back, couldn't you have cut a thick piece of foam to the right size, like Melody did with their closet reading nook? Babies aren't too particular about their matresses, unlike us old fogies.

Kari and Jonathan said...

Kirsta- yes we actually probably could have used her cradle mattress but that was just the problem.. It was only a few inches longer than her cradle! Our little miss is getting so long that sometimes now she cries in her cradle because she hits her head or she starts pushing off with her feet and it wakes her up. The only reason her cradle has worked for this long is because she is still swaddled so she can't get up and fall out without any arms, lol!