Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to wish everyone out there a Happy Mother's Day, and pay a small tribute to some special mother's that I know.


My sisters:
God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb




My Mother-in-law:
"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie." ~Tenneva Jordan

My Grandmas:
"What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies." ~Rudolph Giuliani


And the most important one to me, my Mother:
"Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends - but only one mother in the whole world." ~Kate Douglas Wiggin



And then there's me, not a mother yet, but soon to be. I can't wait!
"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." ~Rajneesh

3 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I love this post! *tear in my eye* I'm not sure that grandma Gustavson is an abundant source of unconditional love, though she might give you some cookies if she's in the right mood... but the quote definitely pegs grandma Smiley :) Patrick didn't get the memo, though, he doesn't seem too happy to be in that photo with her. Finally, that last quote is SO true! Nobody tells you that you give birth to a baby, but there's also a new mommy born that day, and it's a little freaky to find out that mommy is YOU, so be kind to her! She's jus figuring things out, too. So excited to meet Amelia! Happy mother's day

Elsha said...

Cute post, I love all the quotes!

salem said...

I just saw this and it made my day! I love love love you!! You are going to be the best mommers ;)