Thursday, December 11, 2008

Venting

You know, every job I've ever had, I think that the customers I encounter there every day are the stupidest people I've ever met. Nothings changed with banking. On a daily basis, I want to ask about 60% of my customers, "Have you EVER been to a bank before?" No, you cannot cash a $500 check without sending me any forms of ID. It might be little worse because I work in the drive-though so I can't just say to their face, "Do you have your ID on you?" but we have to play the game of how many times can we send the tube back and forth to each other because you're an idiot. Fun game.
Anyway~ the point of this rant is because a lady came through tonight at about 5:45 and asked for a withdrawal slip for her daughter. She filled it out for $200. When I pulled up her account it showed that she had $34 and some odd cents in her account. I pulled up her account history and saw that she had made a deposit with a check today for $380. So, I buzzed back to her and told her that I was sorry but that she would have to wait until the check cleared in her account to withdraw the $200 because it wasn't available. I even explained that the time of day you make the deposit matters.. If it was before 3 pm it would clear tonight at midnight, if after 3, tomorrow night at midnight, and we would be happy to give her her money then. Of course, she proceeded to argue with me, like she was the ONLY person in the entire world that has to wait for their checks to clear at the bank. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO THE BANK BEFORE?? So, I took the time to explain very nicely what other options she had. When she deposited the check she could've gotten $200 cash back, or she could've looked to see if the check was drawn off Wells Fargo and asked us to cash it before depositing it so the funds were immediately available. Then she tried to tell me that they actually had wanted the check cashed but that the person deposited it! And I said, "So you're telling me that you brought the check to the bank and when the teller deposited it instead of cashing it, which is what you wanted, that you didn't say anything??" LIAR!! What was more frustrating is that it was her daughters business, not even hers!!
Finally she asked to talk to a supervisor, who then told her everything I had JUST told her (another one of my pet peeves)! After her whole sob story about how her daughter waits ALL week for her paycheck from Target and then doesn't even get to use the money, boohoo, she backed down, hopefully realizing that she is and IDIOT, not me, and said in a huff that she would just lend her daughter the money that she needed TONIGHT and her daughter was signing up for direct deposit tomorrow.
People are dumb, and I hope all you guys have more common sense when at the bank. :)

Here's a Christmas picture for you:

5 comments:

Psycho Dad said...

Psychotherapy or blog ranting... which is more therapeutic? Your thoughts Kari..

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I think: blog ranting because nobody can give you "good ideas" back. I don't want your ideas, I just want to vent! I'm right, so don't pretend there's another side to the story! Plus, ranting in writing gives you more time to think about what you're trying to say, to really refine your sarcastic wit and explain why the offending party is RETARDED. (I know this from journal writing, not from blogs).

I had to get cash back from the drive-through today and, having never gone to a bank drive-through by myself (SERIOUSLY, I haven't lived), we played tube-tag. But only once, and, in my defense, NO - I have never been to a bank (drive-through).

Elsha said...

Yeah, people are stupid. When I turned 21 I went to the DMV in Denver to get a new license and it was crazy to watch how stupid people were. A guy a few people in front of me had a conversation that went like this:

Guy: I lost my license and I need a new one
DMV lady: Okay, do you have your birth certificate?
Guy: No, but I have this copy
DMV lady: Sorry, we don't take copies, it has to be the original.

He argued with her (of course) and she continued to tell him no (OF COURSE.) But what got me was that the next three people in line had the EXACT SAME conversation! And to make things even better there was a big fat sign next to her saying that the DMV won't take copied birth certificates. Ridiculous.

Eric and Amy said...

I love it when people ignore the signs right in front of them; a full shopping cart in the 15-items-or-less lane, people trying to get back into events after refusing to let the staff stamp their hands, and people writing checks at fast food places that haven't accepted checks since 2004 (and post exactly that in three different places at the counter) are just some of life's little things to drive you nuts.

Jason and Tauna said...

hey girl, so we need to find a time when me, jason, and Breydon can come up to colorado to visit you guys. i wanna see you guys!