Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The end of a great 2008!

Jonathan and I didn't get the chance to send out Christmas cards this year so I thought i'd write a blog about the great things we did in 2008! As most of you know, many of my years past have been pretty routine, or not productive enough to blog about, but 2008 was different!! I flew by with so many great events and memories.
January~
We had planned a trip for a weekend in Denver for Jonathan's 29th birthday, which happened to fall the same week that Patrick was born. We got the wonderful experience of being an aunt and uncle for the first time, getting to hold PJ at 3 days old and spent a fun weekend in Denver. After Jonathan and I returned to Junction, Kirsta realized that doing it all on her own might not be the easiest thing, so I got to go back to Fort Collins for a week and bond with my handsome new nephew.
February~
Valentine's Day Jonathan and I got all dressed up and went out to a beautiful dinner where he proposed to me in the parking lot afterwards. YAY. It was amazing. On the 26th we were blessed again with another nephew Espen. We got to meet the mini-Eric on the day he was born.
March~
Jonathan's work had offered him the chance to transfer to the Pueblo, CO store, which is where the majority of his family lives. He decided, after I told him I would go with him, to take that opportunity. On the 3rd of March he packed up his life in Fruita and re-located to Pueblo. :( My mom, Kirsta, PJ and I made a trip out here to visit over Spring Break.
April~
Around the first, Aunt Ann was taking her Spring Break in Grand Junction, so Jonathan and I met in Denver to pick her up and she took our engagement picutures. So beautiful. Then I took her back to Junction for the week while Jonathan headed back to Pueblo. I had been working as an assistant manager at Wet Seal and wanted to give Jonathan a little time to get settled in before I moved. On the sixth of April, I too, packed up my life in Grand Junction and hauled it to Pueblo to live with Jonathan's mom until our wedding in June.
May~
Jonathan bought our house!!!! We closed on the 5th and began painting and looking forward to moving in together in June. I started working as a teller at Wells Fargo. On the 18th we were so thrilled to once again be an aunt and uncle to a beautiful niece!! My favorite little girl in the world, Missy Kalena. At the end of the month I turned 23. For my birthday, I was in Grand Junction for the weekend trying on my wedding dress.
June~
On June sixth we got married at the Denver Botanical Gardens. Everything went just as planned and we were so blessed to be surrounded by our close friends and family. Jonathan had surprised me at our rehersal dinner with tickets to Disneyland!! So after our wedding we got a couple hours of sleep before arriving at the airport at 6am. We spent 2 magical days at the Happiest Place on Earth before having to return home to reality. We got to move in to our new house and make it our home. We love it! At the end of the month we headed home to GJ where my parents had a wonderful reception for us in their newly landscaped yard.
July~
At the beginning of the month we took a trip to Fort Collins to see our nephew, I mean, help Kirsta and Joe move. :) They finally got to move out of the TINY apartment into something more comfortable for their new family. On the 15th we got to take a 10 day vacation to Hawaii! 480 pictures later, I think we enjoyed ourselves. It was Jonathan's first trip there, and hopefully not our last!
August~
The beginning of the month we spent adjusting to normal life again, no more sandy beaches or endless fun family activities :( At the end of the month Kirsta, Joe, PJ, and Aly came and stayed with us for the Colorado State Fair. One day the boys went and saw monster trucks, and one night Aly, Justin, Jonathan and I went and saw Sugarland in concert. What a great weekend!
September~
Once again we got to meet up with Kirsta and Joe for a Rockies game in Denver. A quick trip, but lots of fun! At the end of the month we took a road trip down to Midland, TX to visit Elsha, Brian, Missy and the dogs. We got to hang out with some of my cousins that I don't see too often, so that was nice. And lucky Elsha got to spend her Birthday with us!
October~
We went to Jeffrey's house for a Halloween party where we dressed up as Popeye and Olive Oyl. We looked pretty cute! Then we headed up to meet the family in Fort Collins for a BYU/CSU game, where there was some confusion about who we were cheering for! :)
November~
We were very excited to be able to host Thanksgiving at our house this year!! What a crazy, packed, competitive, mouth-watering weekend! It was so much fun having everyone at our house, even when things were a little tight.
December~
On the 10th we were thrilled to find out that I'm expecting! What a surprise!! Then we got to have many wonderful Christmases sharing the good news. My how this year has flown by!

As I'm reading this blog it is such a re-cap of everything I've blogged about in the past :) We just wanted to brag one more time about what a great year 2008 was for us. We can only hope that 2009 has as many wonderful things for us to look forward too. We've got some pretty exciting things planned, so keep reading our blog to see what the future holds for us!

We hope you all have a WONDERFUL new years this evening, and if you make a resolution, that you may stick to it! :) We love you all 9x9

3 comments:

Elsha said...

What a year!

Kirsta 'n co. said...

t about KILLED me to read your entire blog, not just skip straight to December, but I'm glad you spilled the beans! I'm SO excited for you guys! And thanks for the month-by-month recap, I forget how lucky we were to see family so much this year! Nice to see all the events written up side-by-side :)

salem said...

cheers!