Monday, September 1, 2008

State Fair 08

I don't know if you guys heard, but this past week Pueblo has been the place to be!! It's home to the Colorado State Fair! So, we invited people to our house to check it out. Kirsta, Joe, Patrick, and my old friend Aly arrived on Friday night, just in time for dinner. That night, as a tribute to my Grandma Gustavson we played a good old fashion game of Oh Heck! I was in the lead until Aly swept in on the last play and beat me. Shucks. Anyway~ then on Saturday afternoon the boys wanted to go see some Monster Trucks!! Boys will be boys.



Big ol' truck!


The boys

They had a great time, being boys and enjoying yummy fair food like fried snickers and fried Oreos. They had a couple hour intermission and that night Aly, Justin, Jonathan and I went to the Sugarland Concert. It was SO much fun. I think I enjoyed it the most because a couple weeks ago I bought their new cd so I knew every song. In the middle of the concert Aly and I decided that we should've only bought 3tickets and made it a girls concert. Unfortunately, I bought the tickets months ago and we stuck to our original plan.


Here are the 4 of us with our tickets.



The lead singer Jennifer Nettles. Cutie.




Those were the only two times we made it over to the fairgrounds, which is kind of funny since we live in the neighborhood right next to it. Maybe next year we'll go for more. As of these year, I'm very pleased my first experience at the Colorado State Fair.

1 comment:

Elsha said...

I am jealous you guys got to see Sugarland! I would love to hear their new stuff in concert.