Saturday, September 13, 2008

Jonathan the woodworker

One of the most common things I hear Jonathan say is "I need to go to Lowe's to get..." I'm pretty sure Lowe's is his favorite store. One of the most common things is likes to get there is wood to build things. He's always thinking of different shelving units we could use, whether it's for the cd's, DVD's, inside our pantry, in the bathroom, anywhere! So a few weeks ago he bought some wood that's been sitting in his workshop, and then he told me that on his day off this week he was going to go to Lowe's to buy more wood! I told him that maybe one project at a time would be good enough so he jumped right on it! All of you know that I have never been a crafty person, so it is absolutely amazing to me that in two days Jonathan was able to take some random (but well thought out I guess) pieces of wood and make us a beautiful cd rack for our office. I sat in his workshop all last night with him and watched him drill, saw, staple, and screw it all together, but unfortunetly, did not think to take any pictures until the very end. So, here is Jonathan finishing the top board.

And here is the final product!

And a side view :)


Someday we will have a house full of furniture by Jonathan!

3 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

That is gorgeous! Joe is the same, like deciding to build your pot rack 2 days before you came to visit. If I only knew Joe, Jonathan, and Brian I would think that all boys came equipped with such random building skills, but I know that's silly talk. We just got the picks of the litter :)

Elsha said...

Does Jonathan want to build some bookshelves for our house? I would ask Brian, but our rule is-- he will do any project I ask him to do but I have to let him buy whatever tools he needs. So that gets a little expensive sometimes!

And Kirsta is right, we did get the picks of the litter! How did we all end up with such handy husbands?

Psycho Dad said...

Beautiful work of art.