Friday, June 15, 2012

Pickle Monster

Here's a conversation I had a couple weeks ago with Addilyn's Pediatrician:

Me: Addilyn is always reaching for my food, and I tend to give it to her. Can you give me a list of foods that I should NOT feed her?
Ped: Strawberries.
Me: Oops
Ped: Peanut butter
Me: Oops
Ped: Eggs
Me: Oops
Ped: Any dairy
Me: Including yogurt?
Ped: Yes
Me: Oops

I guess I was a little late in asking her.  Luckily, and oddly enough, the only thing Addilyn ever had a slight reaction to was applesauce. Who would've thought?  Anyway~ It's only with this second child that I'm realizing my grocery bill may increase someday. Amelia still eats like a bird.

Yummy strawberry!

I thought I would play a joke on her and give her a dill pickle spear, but she chowed the whole thing down without even a sour face!

I love that she eats, but sometimes I love not having to sit Amelia down for 3 meals a day and cook a large meal.  I guess we'll see how these girls both do over time.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I've heard that peanut butter can be a choking hazard (weird, I know), and, okay, MAYBE I could understand dairy. But strawberries?? Really? What's wrong with strawberries? (And, really, what's the fuss with the other foods too?)

Kari and Jonathan said...

Well it's odd because I buy her those squeezable baby foods (HIGHLY recommend getting) and a few of them are like, "cherries, squash and Greek yogurt." so why can't I just feed her yoplait Greek yogurt??
I guess strawberries are a highly allergenic food so no matter when you give them their first one you're supposed to watch for reaction.

Bailey said...

Haha...oops! I guess you didn't really have to worry about this with Amelia?! Oh well- like you said she hasn't had many reactions so that's good! Keep up the good eating habits little one!

Elsha said...

Kalena was the same way the first time we gave her a pickle. Ate it right up!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Bailey- the thing with Amelia is we were "those" first time parents who were very by the book! With Addilyn I'm like, "meh, whatev." lol

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Caroline, too, loved pickles (I scrapbooked the occasion) and still does. Guess these girls know a good thing when they munch it :)