Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The cup

We finally got rid of Amelia's beloved sippy cup! Not for any other reason than the last of the 3 finally got a hole in it so it needed to be thrown away, and I thought it was in our best interest not to replace it, just so all our pictures wouldn't look like this:

7 Months

9 Months

14 Months

17 months


I feel like that cup has been part of our family! For the past couple days since we got rid of it there's been lots of whining for her "juice, juice!" Which was used about 30% for thirst and 70% for comfort. I think today she's finally realized that the green cup is not coming back, and she's been doing better about drinking out of the other kinds that we have around. It's always these smaller things that you don't realize will be obstacles in parenting. I'll consider us lucky that a sippy cup it our biggest problem. :)

4 comments:

emandfam said...

Did you do away with sippy cups altogether or just one in particular? Is it bad my 3 year old still has a sippy cup EVERYWHERE lol! I'm not willing to sacrifice my carpets and my couch!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Just that one sippy cup! We're not against sippy cups, that one had just turned into so much of a comfort object that she was carrying it around ALL the time, and I'd rather her just need her cup when she's thirsty.

Anonymous said...

The last time I owned a sippy cup it was for the purpose of sneaking boos into E-days concerts...when did you become the adult here?

Kari and Jonathan said...

Hahaha Laura, that's funny. I don't feel like an adult, but I do have a lot more responsibility now!