Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Car accident

As most of you know, this past weekend I got into a little car accident. Jonathan and I got invited to a friends house in Pueblo West (about the distance from GJ to Fruita) for a BBQ on Saturday night. It just so happened that I had a hair appt out there at 3:45 so Jonathan was just going to meet me out there after work. We met up and went to the BBQ, which was fun, and then a friend called and asked if we wanted to go see a movie at 10:10. So, we're headed home to get ready for the movie with me following Jonathan. We were stopped at a stoplight and I looked in my rear view just in time to see a lady ram right into the back of me. Then I rammed right into the back of Jonathan. Awesome. I must have taken my foot off the brake without knowing or something because there's no damage done to the back of my car. Well, actually, there are 2 little dents where her license plate hit, so we'll probably get insurance to cover a new bumper, but nothing serious. The problem was that my car is so low to the ground and Jonathan's is not, I went right up under his. It just so happens that he has two metal brackets that you could hook a trailer hitch up to, and they happen to be sticking down, and they happened to have cut a hole in my hood :( Anyway~ they cited the lady that hit me and we are in the process of talking to her insurance to get it all taken care of. Me, Jonathan and the baby are OK, just a little shaken at the time and annoyed about me poor car that I love. Here are some pictures of the damage.


It's hard to see but my hood got a little crunched up

I know it just looks like a scratch but it really is a hole, sliced through

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Sad:(

Kirsta 'n co. said...

I'm sad about me poor car, too! You were the only one in the family with a cool ride, but now we're cool-less until you get it fixed. We're super-glad you're alright!

salem said...

I bet that lady had nightmares from hitting a pregnant woman! ARG, why don't people pay more attention to what they're doing?? So sorry you had to go through that, yikes. I'm glad to hear you're okay, too.