Tuesday, June 9, 2009

1 year

I can't believe it's already been 1 year of marriage for Jonathan and I!! What a fast, crazy, fun year it has been. This year for our anniversary we decided to re-live the day, so we headed up to Denver on Saturday afternoon. We checked into a hotel right next to Park Meadows mall and then headed out for a wonderful dinner at The Keg. The Keg has nothing to do with our wedding, but we have gone there for the last 2 years on Jonathan's birthday. It's delicious! He ordered Prime Rib and Lobster tail and I ordered the Tiger Shrimp with steamed asparagus. We had a great time eating and talking about how perfect we are for eachother ;)

The next morning we got up and did a little shopping (of course), then headed over to the Shane Co to get our rings inscribed. We both got "Our love story" written in cursive on the inside. I can't wait to get them back this week and see how they turned out! After that we ate lunch at the Noodles and Co on Colorado Blvd that we had our rehersal dinner at and talked about how crazy surprised I was when I opened that tickets to Disneyland! What a GREAT surprise from Jonathan. Then we went to the Botanic Gardens to walk around a little. Unfortunately it was pretty cold and rainy, but we made the most of it. We remembered how lucky we got last year with the weather making a complete turn-around for our wedding and we all roasted. Better to be hot than cold in my opinion. The Gardens is under a TON of construction right now and lots of different parts of it are all torn up, including the parking lot because they're building a parking garage, so I was very grateful it wasn't like that last year just because it's not very appealing to the eye, and I wanted everything to look perfect last year. Anyway, we had a great time looking at ALLLLLLL the places we took pictures and talking about how much has changed since then. Here is an example:
The scene of it all, last year

Jonathan and Jared waiting for the bride

Me, same location, one year later


Happy 1 year to us!!

4 comments:

Elsha said...

Awww, how sweet:)

salem said...

you guys ROCK. I can't believe how different it is! That's cool you captured it on film, perfectly.

You guys are two love-boats.

Bailey and Aaron said...

I just wanted to tell you congrats. I am so happy that everything has turned out for you two and that you are expecting a beautiful little one. Boy I never would have imagined that this is what our lives would have ended up like but I thank my lucky stars everyday that I am living the life I am. Give me an update next time you get the chance. Hopefully I have figured this thing out at least a little bit and you will be able to follow me. If you follow me then it might force me to give more updates. It is such a cool way to share with others what is going on in your life, I have tried to keep up with it but the blogs haven't been getting posted as much as I would like because we have been so busy but I will keep trying.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Maybe it's just me, but the gardens behind you look exactly the same. YOU, on the other hand, would be hard-pressed to fit into that same white dress.