Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day

I know that Valentine's Day is a made up holiday by Hallmark, and I get that it's only fun and cool if you have a "sweetheart," but I do! So I like it. :) Last year we got engaged on Valentine's Day, so it has a little bit more meaning to us. This year, months in advance, Jonathan made reservations for us at the Melting Pot, which I was really excited about because I've never been there! Then, even though I told him no flowers, he sent flowers to me at work.


AW. He's the greatest, right?

So, last night we got ready and headed up to the Springs for a wonderful dinner.

Here's how it went:
1st course:
The waitress came out and "made" our cheese for us. A mix of grated Swiss cheese, garlic, white wine, and pesto, sprinkled on top with Parmesan and walnuts. She gave us 3 different types of bread, carrots, celery and cauliflower and granny smith apples to dip in it. Delicious.
2nd course:
A Mediterranean salad with Greek olives and artichokes and their own yummy dressing.
(I chose this one over the ceasar salad!!!) Good choice.
3rd course:
We chose the "Mojo" style cooking for our meats. It was the more Caribbean flavored one. They brought out a plate with tons of raw meats: beef, pork, duck, chicken, lobster tail, shrimp, and raviolis. They also gave us sliced broccoli, potatoes and mushrooms. Then to dip all this stuff they brought like, 20 dipping sauces out! I tried a lot of them but nothing beats the tried and true garlic butter on EVERYTHING! :)
4th course:
We chose the plain dark chocolate for dipping. They had lots of different kinds of chocolate to choose from but I didn't think everything would taste good dipped in "cookies n cream." They brought out a plate with pound cake, rice crispy treats, brownies, strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, and marshmallows. Oh my, was it a lot of food!!!
We had a great time! It's all an experience. I recommend it to anyone who has never been. Here's a picture of us getting ready to go.


I hope everyone had as great a Valentine's Day day as we had!!!

1 comment:

salem said...

That sounds fun! I love dipping, but especially skinny dipping.