Sunday, October 19, 2008

Recipe help

Ever since we got married, cooking has been a whole new adventure for me. No longer can I just cook whatever I like, whenever I want it. I have to figure out what Jonathan likes, and have them prepared in a timely manner when we get home from work. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE doing this, it's just new. I find myself spending a lot of time sitting at the kitchen table just looking through different cook books for things that look delicious, and realistic, for me to prepare. For the past couple weeks I have only made things that I've never made before. It's definitely an adventure. You never really know how your food will turn out. There have been some really good things, (keepers, as we call them), and some things that we might never wanna try again :) I was actually just getting on the computer to find a good pasta salad recipe on BHG.com (love that site), and I thought I'd check the blog while I was on here, and now here I am writing to you guys to seek some thoughts from all of you! Of course, we all have our favorites from Mom: chicken enchiladas, beef stroganof, roast and potatoes, chili, well, you all know. But I was wondering what other favorite recipes you guys have that I have been missing out on! Kirsta has given me a few that we tried and LOVED! Although, I made one of them wrong so we'll have to try it again, we didn't give up on it! So, fill me in on your favorite dinners so I can try them Please!! If you don't wanna write down a whole recipe on here you can email it to me at Karigustav@aol.com. Thanks!

3 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Easiest (possibly yummiest) recipe ever: Rigatoni "alfranera" - dump one jar alfredo sauce with one jar of marinara sauce in a pot, add one package of sliced mushrooms, simmer til mushrooms are softened, and serve it over cooked rigatoni (or penne) noodles. Also extra-yummy with sliced chicken breast on top of it. We made this when we visited you guys, but I thought you might wanna write it down to remember it :) (because it's SO hard).

Did you try stuffed shells? Joe said it was the best thing I've ever cooked him!

I know you have the Betty Crocker cookbook, so I'll just refence some of our other favorites: fudgie brownies (stir in one cup of chocolate chips for extra yumminess), Tex-Mex tortilla soup, and Spicy Sausage and Lentil soup (sounds gross, but REALLY good). Have fun cookin' it up!

Psycho Dad said...

In addition to your "keepers" do you have "voters?" That was always a mealtime favorite in our house.

Eric and Amy said...

Here's a really good one.

Put a slice (or 2!) of bread in a toaster, press down the lever until it clicks and locks in place at the bottom, then once the toasted bread (Amy and I call it "toast") pops up, spread butter on one side. For variety, try things like strawberry jelly or apple butter along with or in place of the butter. If you're feeling adventurous you can spread sugar and cinnamon on top!

I'm pretty sure I could eat an entire loaf of toast. I'm just waiting for the opportunity.