Monday, October 20, 2008

Kitchen project

As most of you know, all of my kitchen appliances are pink. Before I married Jonathan I already had the stand mixer, the blender and a lot of smaller miscellaneous items, in pink. Then for our wedding we got TONS more pink stuff, like the hand mixer, the stand up ice cream maker, the toaster, and more small items. Jonathan knew this of course, and he said it was fine that my kitchen be pink, as long as we could paint the walls brown. :) We were noticing a couple weeks ago that the wall in our basement and the wall border above our kitchen cabinets had grooves in them that would make it perfect to stripe the walls because the lines are already there for you!! Here's an example :

(I hope that's not really hard to see!) So Jonathan got this BRILLIANT idea to stripe the kitchen pink and brown.. I love his ideas sometimes!! Here are the before and afters! Tell me HONESTLY what you think. I'm sure I'll hear a lot of, "well, I never would have done it in my house, but it's cute in yours!!" :)
Before:

After:


Close up:

2 comments:

Elsha said...

I think it's really cute, but you're right, not something I would do in my house:) But really, we didn't even paint Kalena's room pink so that should tell you something about us.

Psycho Dad said...

My commendations. The design is bold and the colors are exhilirating. I'm excited to see it in person.