Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baby Jacobs!

Kirsta finally had her baby! After a few looooong weeks and being SURE it would come the day she took castor oil (it didn't), Ethan Edward Jacobs arrived September 22 at 8:24 am.  7lb 3oz, 19 1/2 inches.

Ever since they moved to Pueblo Kirsta had been insistent that I be in the room with her when said baby arrived.  Pretty much the ONLY reason I wanted to be in there was so I could be one of the first people to know the gender, which they opted not to find out early, much to my dismay.  I know that she was there for both my girls births, but she WANTED to be there. I, on the other hand, am completely freaked out by the whole labor and delivery process, even when it's my own babies, but then I can't avoid it. Being in the room for someone elses labor did not help me to be any less freaked out.  She did an amazing job though! Especially since she had no drugs and ended up pushing for over an hour! But oh man, when she was screaming, "Get it out!"  I wanted to scream, "GET IT OUT!"   But seriously, the second that baby was out she was back to 100% normal.  Smiling, laughing, and wondering what was for breakfast.  Amazing.

Here's the beautiful bundle that makes it all worthwhile:
 His new favorite Aunt (sorry Elsha and Amy)
 Nothing makes Addilyn look big except a 7lb new baby!
Congratulations Kirsta and Joe! I love him so much already. Can't wait for you to be in the room with me in February!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love the pic with Addilyn! What a big girl!

Bailey said...

That's so exciting! Congrats!

Eric and Amy said...

I seriously LOL'd at the thought of both of you shouting GET IT OUT!!! That does make Addilyn look big!