Saturday, August 4, 2012

Amelia turns 3!

Today is Amelia's 3rd birthday, and I'm having a hard time actually believing that 3 years in my life has passed. Every day with Amelia is a new adventure, and she says the most hilarious things sometimes, I wonder if she'll have a great sense of humor someday. I saw a cute idea on Pinterest where you interview your child every year on their birthday with the same questions and see how their answers change each year. Here is my interview with Amelia:

1. Favorite movie: Bambi
2. Favorite Color: Blue
3. Favorite food: Yogurt
4. Favorite song: Twinkle Twinkle
5. Favorite animal: Kangaroo
6. Favorite stuffed animal: Green Parrot (Came with the book "Oh Say Can You Say")
7. Favorite drink: Chocolate milk (I tried to convince her that I thought it was actually juice but she was adamant)
8. Favorite toy: She said, "My train." I said, "Oh that's a good one." And she said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I meant my turtle." haha.  Her bouncing turtle.
9. Best friend: Patrick (Jacobs)
10: Favorite article of clothing: Shirt. "No special one, just a shirt" she said.
11. Favorite book: The Lorax (pronounced YoYax)
12. Favorite place to go: Children's houses. (Friend's houses)
13. Favorite breakfast: French toast
14. Favorite Fruit: Cantaloupe
15. Favorite game: We never got an answer
16. Favorite Holiday: Easter
17: Favorite thing to take to bed: Blue and pink blankets
18: Favorite cereal: Marshmallow (Lucky charms)
19: What do you want to be when you grow up: A Mommy

With all of these questions I would give her time to think, give her some options if she needed them, and even ask her the same questions a few days later to see if her answer changed, but it never did.  I can't wait to see how they change over the years.

For her birthday Jonathan and I decided to get her a dog! Crazy right? I've never had a pet in my life, not even a gold fish, so I really have no idea what I'm in for.  A couple months ago my friend asked me to dog-sit her dog for the weekend. I'm not a dog person but this was a little dog and I do like little dogs more. Well, after just 3 days with that dog we wanted to keep him! We actually asked my friend if she wanted to get rid of him and she said, "No, but my mom has his sister and she wants to get rid of her!"  Not because she's a bad dog or anything, I guess her mom had gotten another dog who wasn't very nice to Khloe. So, we said we'd take her! Last night was the big reveal. Here's how it went:

What's in there?

Really?! A doggie?

YAY!!


Then she spent the rest of the night bossing her around :)

Wish us luck!  Happy birthday to the light of my life (most days), Amelia!! We love you.

6 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

How sweet! I hope dog ownership turns out well for you. I would get another one if Eric would let me. :)

I interview Espen every so often, but it's always with different questions. It's a fun idea to go with the same ones and see how they change over the years.

Bailey said...

I love your idea and her answers! Love the reveal pictures with the puppy! Hope the dog doesn't proof to be to much especially once you guys welcome the new little one! Happy Birthday Amelia!

Anonymous said...

I love that she wants to be a mommy when she grows up! You must make it look GOOOOD! And I can't believe you got a dog! In just a little over a year you're going to go from 1 kid to 3 kids and a dog! Crazy!!! Good luck!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Laura- it was so cute one night she was laying on the couch (after this interview) and she said, "Mom? I DOOO want to be a mommy!" like she had been really thinking about it, lol.

Also, I just got done telling Jonathan, "Pretty soon we'll have 3 kids (probably that all start with A) and a dog! We are THAT family!" Crazy.

Kirsta 'n co. said...

My kids are dying to see Khloe, even though I remind them that you'll have her for a LONG TIME. They still think I'm a meanie for not letting them head to your house 1st thing this morning to go visit her.

Elsha said...

Happy birthday Amelia!

I love the interview, especially her answers. I might need to interview my kids tomorrow. And I still can't believe you guys got a dog. I mean, of all my siblings I would not have guessed you.