Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Addilyn


Addilyn is 10 months old now! On one hand, where did the time go?? On the other hand, when Amelia turned 1 I thought she was such a big girl, and I still think Addilyn is such a baby.  Maybe it was just because Amelia was my first.  Anyway~ Addilyn is getting more fun by the day, and for some reason I have a connection with her that I never had with Amelia.  That being said, I'm going through a phase right now where I kind of want someone to take Addilyn for like, a week so I can love her more, because I'm kind of tired of her.  Maybe it's because she gets up at 5:30 every day and is a terrible napper, so I'm pretty much with her ALL day. You would think that putting her to bed at 6pm makes me have adequate time without her but no.  Don't get my wrong, I love her to death and smother her with kisses, but she's buggin' me. :) 

She's crawling like a maniac, which I love because it means less I have to carry her around.  She'll eat anything you put in front of her, any time of day.  Literally I can't think of anything she won't eat. Even dog food.  She says, "Mama" and, "Dada" and sometimes it really sounds like she says, "Hi" and, "dog" but I think that's unintentional.  So far it's looking like she is the child we'll be at the doctor with the most.  Amelia has NEVER had to go to the doctor for anything but a well visit, whereas Addilyn was on oxygen from day 1 because they thought something was wrong, she has been to the doctor 3 times for ear infections, the ER once for a bad fall, and had multiple other minor injuries at home.  Hopefully she slows down because I don't think I can handle much blood or anything broken. :( Now I'll quit babbling and post some recent pictures.

At Amelia's birthday party she reached in the pizza box and helped herself to a piece. It took about 2 hours but she gummed down a good portion of it!

Eating, again, fresh peaches off our tree

She's very stoic most of the time. And I realize the headband is in a weird place but she had a scab on her forehead that we were covering.  Thanks for the headband, Bailey!

6 comments:

Elsha said...

She's so tiny and adorable! I love the picture of her with the pizza slice.

Anonymous said...

Just testing something here.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, I can totally relate to the feeling tired of the baby. I'm liking Ruby more and more, but it sure gets exhausting!

I'm also sort of relieved to hear you say she's stoic a lot of the time. Ruby definitely smiles, but a lot of the time she's "stoic" too. I sort of feel uncomfortable when strangers are oohing and aahing over her and she doesn't crack even the slightest grin. One older lady actually told her to smile the other day... which kind of pissed me off. Even if she could understand her, my baby is not there for some strange lady's amusement! Phew! Glad to get that off my chest. Sorry you were the victim!

Kari and Jonathan said...

Laura- I definitely think Addilyn is smiley but when prompted by another person or put in front of the camera, forget it! Don't worry if Ruby doesn't buy into strangers trying to make her smile, she's smarter than that :)

Bailey said...

Super cute pictures! And I love the headband :)

Kirsta 'n co. said...

You should have mentioned that "a good portion" of a pizza slice was seriously 90%. That girl can EAT. And I am never sick of her, even when she grabs my lips, she can live at my house.