Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lights

I seriously can't get over how handy and motivated my husband is. After 4 years it still boggles my mind that I'll mention something in passing like, "such-and-such needs to be fixed" and he immediately goes out to his shop and gets his tools and fixes it! It's something that would've gone on my "list" for later!

Now that our big house remodeling projects are done, Jonathan has made a list of small things that need to get done around here this summer. He asked me if I had anything to add to the list and I said, "Is is possible to get rid of the florescent lights in the basement?" Sure enough, right that minute he went over and took one down to check. He said it didn't look like anything that couldn't be changed out for a regular light. Next thing you know we're at Lowes looking at lights and BAM, new track lighting!

Before:




After:



Amazing! Now the only thing I'm annoyed about is that we had hideous awful florescent lights for the past 4 years! :)

4 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Gorgeous! So of course Joe says "do you think we should do that in the kitchen?" One good project deserves another :)

Kari and Jonathan said...

You SHOULD do that in the kitchen! The tracks were only $40 each! Most single lights we looked at we're more than that!

Laura said...

Definite improvement

Eric and Amy said...

Oooo I want that switched out in my kitchen. What a nice handyman to have around! Maybe you guys should come to GJ for another week. Hint...