Thursday, March 8, 2012

Girly Girl

I don't think of Amelia as a very girly girl. Maybe it's because she looked like a boy for so long, or maybe it's because from just a couple months old she would rip headbands off her head and it's still like pulling teeth to get her to let us brush her hair. I know a few little girls that just LOVE their dresses and getting their hair done and that's just definitely NOT her. That being said, she has taken up a few girly traits recently. She LOVES to play with my makeup. And since I'm super anal about my makeup the only thing I let her play with is my clear mascara, but she would put in on her (or my) face all day long.


The other thing she asks for almost daily is for me to paint her toenails. Usually I say, "They're already painted" and then she says, "See?" and holds up her foot for me. Sometimes I give in a take the polish off and repaint them. The other night I even let her paint mine!


I know that's not the greatest picture but a lot of polish ended up on my feet, which actually isn't a big deal because it just rubs off in the shower!

Anyway~ here's to hoping she gets more girly over time!

2 comments:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

Eli loves my makeup. He puts on blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and lipstick (when I let him). I also painted his toenails. I think it's just about wanting to do whatever I'm doing, but Joe gets pretty annoyed when he comes downstairs all decked out!

Eric and Amy said...

An aesthetitian in the making!