Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Side Effects

I just finished reading my book, "Naptime is the New Happy Hour," which was absolutely hilarious! Anyone that wants to borrow it let me know! I thought I'd share another page from it that really made me laugh in one of those, "That is SO true," kind of ways.

"Maybe prenatal vitamins should come with a warning label like other prescription medications. You know, the drugs that are meant to make you feel great but have a list of possible adverse reactions a mile long? The commercial for prenatals could show an extraordinarily loving family blissfully frolicking on the beach, while a soothing voice-over quickly rattles off the side effects hoping you won't notice, "Having children may result in insomnia, hypersensitivity, fatigue, constant complaining, gingivitis, difficulty concentrating, irritability, premature graying, disinterest in sex, a filthy living-room, uncontrollable urges to binge on salt-and-vinegar potato chips, mysterious weight gain, a tendency to forget your own phone number, an unhealthy obsession with germs, increased chance of financial ruin, confusion, and psychosis. Consult your doctor before you have children if you're edgy, interested in maintaining a career, or generally sane."

I truly believe Amelia has been the biggest blessing in Jonathan and my life, but I know every single mom out there can relate to what Stephanie just said!

1 comment:

Kirsta 'n co. said...

whaaaat? I don't relate to any of those :) Insert "chocolate" for "salt n vinegar chips" and I'm sold, though.