Saturday, September 4, 2010

Messes

As Amelia gets older, she is figuring out how to get into stuff. I mean, REALLY get into stuff. We used to be OK if things were in their boxes, but now she knows how to open the box and get into whatever is in there. I thought I would share a few examples:

She has a yeast infection right now, so the Doctor told us to get women's Monistat cream and use it on her like diaper rash cream. Well, women's yeast infection treatment kits come with injection tubes, which we of course are not using on her, but they still came in the box.. She found them:



The only thing in the kitchen that we put baby locks on were the cupboards under the sink because there are some chemicals under there. I didn't want locks on the rest of them because when I am cooking dinner she likes to be in there with me but I'd rather have her playing with stuff than whining at me to pick her up. Well, until now. She learned how to get into boxes of food, such as:

Cornstarch!


Today she found the bag of straws:


We bought her a set of fridge magnets so she could have something to entertain herself, and she absolutely loves to "rake" them all on to the floor, which then just leaves me with another mess. So, what's the verdict? Do I baby proof and listen to the whining, or just keep myself busy picking up a lot of messes??

3 comments:

Elsha said...

Yep, you've got to find the balance between how much whining you want to hear and how much cleaning up you want to do. Tough call.

Eric and Amy said...

I think that's the age when we locked all the cabinets except dish towels and tupperware. It still left a mess, but it was safer and easier to clean up than the other messes. Good times all around!

Eric and Amy said...

She can start helping with the clean-up too.